Sunday 9 February 2014

Review - Seventeen Superlash Mascara!

Review

 Seventeen Superlash Mascara / Darkest Black

 "Give lashes SUPER hero status with our amazing SUPER fibre lengthening mascara & volumising buster brush. Lashes look longer & thicker for instant OH WOW...KAPOW!!" on the packaging.

Available in two (2) shades : Black/Brown and Darkest Black

I tried this mascara for a few times and here are my thoughts:

Colour
We have all experienced the black mascaras that are not so black in the end. This mascara is definitely true to its colour and I couldn't be happier about it.

Price
This mascara retails for £6.99 for 9ml (Currently in Boots for £4.99) which is a really good price for a drugstore mascara, compared to the one I reviewed before (BOURJOIS Volumizer Ultra Black Mascara).




Packaging
I have to confess that the packaging was one of the reasons I was attracted by this mascara in the first place. The colours, the style of it just remind me of a super hero/pin up/cartoonish theme.


Ease of use
The brush is really easy to work with, I didn't have any problem with my lashes sticking together and everything. However as you will see in the pictures below, you will probably need more than one coat to get at least some extra volume, otherwise it looks really weird. But a little more effort is okay by me.

Left - Seventeen Superlash Mascara one coat/ Right - Bare lashes

The result
I have naturally long lashes and that's the main reason I prefer volumising mascaras rather that lengthening ones, but most mascaras provide them both and this one claims that is no exception. I really like the fact that even with one coat you can see the difference in length, not 93% though. However I wouldn't say that my lashes have much more volume but an extra coat will definitely fix this problem. The best part in my opinion is that it doesn't make my lashes clumpy or spidery. The most annoying yet really good part about this mascara is that it is really difficult to get off, it took me ages with my makeup remover wipes. The good think about this is that there is hardly any transfer under your eyes at the end of the day.

Round Up

Pros
  • The darkest black result
  • Adds a lot of length to your lashes
  • Easy brush to work with
  • It doesn't make your lashes clumpy/spidery
  • Really good price
  • Nice and unique packaging
  • Haven't experience any transfer under my eyes

Cons
  • It doesn't really add much volume to your lashes
  • Difficult to remove, even with a makeup remover



If you are looking for a lengthening mascara that really does what it claims then this is the mascara you are looking for. 

Thanks for reading:)
xxxx


* I invite you all to enter the international makeup giveaway on the blog, just click on the picture.




31 comments:

  1. Sounds really nice! Great review and you have very beautiful eyes!! <3

    Well I was wondering if we could follow each other via bloglovin,facebook, gfc and g+? Do visit my blog and let me know!! :)
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has a great package :) I'm a little jealous for you - my lashes are so short...
    Muilo Burbulai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post, thank you for sharing xx

    http://helentsokana.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for sharing this inspiration. xo

    http://fleuryina.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice review.
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my God how long are your eyelashes!! So beautiful!♥
    AIMEROSE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting review! :)
    Aurora

    http://aurorasparkscreations.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good thing it worked for you!! I have short lashes but I will give it a try.

    Would love to keep in touch via GFC or IG, I'll follow back :)
    xoxo, Mango ❤
    MangoRabbitRabbit's Blog | Valentine's Day: Sophisticated and Sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that you're recommending make ups, face and body care items lately! This mascara makes your lashes look much longer!

    http://kingstreetfashionista.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, yeah! Lashes to kill! Great mascara, dear.



    www.sugarpopfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. great review!

    Shalay| itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the packaging for this mascara. It looks like it works pretty well too! I'm really wanting to try this.

    I'm a new follower. :)

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow I so envy your lashes:) they look so long and lush <3 the mascara looks good on your lashes too!

    http://www.pinkoolaid.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a great product. I too like this unique packaging!
    Why is it always that the good mascaras are so hard to remove? maybe it has to be like that because if they were easy to remove, then they wouldn't stay long on our lashes. Still, wouldn't be great if they came up with better make up removal formulas? or maybe mascara and special make up remover should be packed in one product? Now, someone is bound to come up with that idea sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My I me like to put rimmel and have many and of many ways, but it will prove this one!!! Thank you very much for passing for my blog

    http://mimundoconlacis.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great!!

    I like your blog, would you like to follow each other via GFC? :) If so, please let me know and I'll follow back immediately ;) I'm waiting for you on my blog! :)

    http://nuncaesdemasiadorosa-mariaexojo.blogspot.com.es/2014/02/campero-chic.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. great review dear ! i have never heard of this before :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your lashes look pretty amazing, pity about the volume but I think it could be a good casual wear mascara. The packaging is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Is it weird that I love the lengthening? I think it looks so much better then using only a volume mascara, aha that's why I apply both a lengthening one and a volumizing one. You have amazing lashes girl! And really good review, love the packaging can't wait for it to be sold here x

    New post on:
    www.tuttifruttibyam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha I actually think your lashes look better without the mascara! Great post!
    xoxo
    Simona
    http://littlethingsandelephants.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. sounds great!
    Have a wonderful week!

    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh the length is obvious, not only with but without the mascara. You have great lashes ♥
    It seems that is a good mascara!

    http://hellovixi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. great post dear !
    fashion-madam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the packaging of the product! Its super fun! I'd love to try it as well!

    xx Chaicy - Style..A Pastiche!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like that it doesnt clump your lashes coz I hate mascaras that do. And wow I love your lashes your so lucky to have long eye lashes!

    www.niviisdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very nice review. You are very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for your lovely comments:)xx
Make sure to leave your blog link, so I can check it out!x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...